Duplex UNS S32750
Duplex 2507 is a super duplex stainless steel developed for applications that demand high strength and corrosion resistance. Alloy 2507 has 25% chromium, 4% molybdenum, and 7% nickel.
This high molybdenum, chromium and nitrogen content causes high resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion attack and the duplex structure provides 2507 with exceptional resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
Using Duplex 2507 must be restricted to applications below 600° F (316° C). Extended elevated temperature exposure can reduce both the toughness and corrosion resistance of alloy 2507.
Duplex 2507 has good mechanical properties. Often a light gauge of 2507 material can be used to achieve the same design strength of a thicker nickel alloy. The resulting weight savings can considerably reduce the overall cost of fabrication.
The main beneficial properties are:
- High resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking.
- High Strength.
- Combination of properties given by austenitic and ferritic structure.
- Good weldability and workability.
- Superior resistance to chloride pitting and crevice corrosion.
- Good general corrosion resistance.
- Suggested for applications up to 600° F.
Duplex UNS S32750 is widely used in:
- Desalination Equipment.
- Chemical process pressure vessels, piping and heat exchangers.
- Marine Applications.
- Flue Gas Scrubbing Equipment.
- Pulp & Paper Mill Equipment.
- Offshore Oil production/technology.
- Oil and gas industry equipment.
24.0 - 26.0
6.0 - 8.0
3.0 - 5.0
0.2 - 0.3
- Special Sections
- Flat Bar
- Round Bar
- Hollow Bar
- I Beam
- U Channel